Daftar Pemilih Tetap Luar Negeri Hong Kong | Daftar Agency yang Terakreditasi di KJRI Hong Kong | Kontak KJRI Hong Kong | Kunjungi portal Kementerian Luar Negeri |
Pelayanan Perlindungan WNI & BHI
Lapor Diri Online
This section provides you with information and procedures regarding the different types of visa issued by the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia for those who wish to visit Indonesia. It is advisable to read the "How to Apply" section as your first step.
In conjunction with President Decision No.103/2003 signed by the President of the Republic of Indonesia on 17 December 2003 with regard to the new visa policy, from 1 February 2004, holders of passport issued from 11 countries may use Visa-Free Short Visit to Indonesia for purposes of tourism, exhibition, business, social-cultural, and government duty visit for up to 30 days.
The Indonesian Government also provides Visa on Arrival for holders of passport issued from 65 countries/regions at certain Airports/Seaport in Indonesia for up to 30 days. This visa may not be extended or converted to other Immigration permits. For Journalist visas, applicants may wish to contact and apply through the Information Section of the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia.
All application should be submitted on Monday-Friday, 9:30am - 12:30pm. Your visa will be ready in 3 working days after the submission of all documents.
For inquiries and further information on Indonesian visa please contact:
Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia
3/F Indonesian Building
127 - 129 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel. +852 3651 0245/210/205/204.
TYPES OF VISA
The Indonesian Government issues several types of visa as the followings:
1. Visit Visa
2. Temporary Stay Visa
3. Transit Visa
4. Journalist Visa
5. Visa on Arrival, only for holders of passport from 65 countries and regions
6. Free Visa for Short Visit, only for holders of passport from 11 countries and regions.
Please pay attention to the validity of your passport/travel documents. The Government of Indonesia shall only issue visa/entry permit to individuals whose passport is valid for at least 6 month.
For information on how to apply visa for diplomatic/service passports and laissez-passer holder, please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply Indonesian visa, please submit the completed visa application form and the following documents to Immigration Section:
1. Valid passport and its copy;
2. Proof of return ticket, or ticket to continue travel to another country;
3. Two recent color photos, (size 4 x 6 cm), with RED background;
4. Payment receipt* of the visa fee;
5. Hong Kong Identity Card and its copy;
6. Proof or written guarantee of possession of sufficient funds for living expenses during entire stay in Indonesia.
Different type of visa may require other documents as well. Please find the details on the following sections.
Applicant can submit the application in person or by third party with letter of authorization from applicant.
* All payment must be completed at:
Bank BNI Remittance,
Shop 5, Ground Floor, Keswick Court
3 Keswick Street
Causeway Bay - Hong Kong
Tel. 2890 8082
A. Visit Visa
This type of visa is divided into three sub-types and in general this visa provides maximum length of stay in Indonesia for 60 days.
The requirements to apply Visit Visa are as follows:
1. A completed ORIGINAL visa application form (can be obtained at the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Republic of Indonesia or download here);
2. Valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of entry for single entry visa and 18 months for multiple entries visa. (Please note that Multiple entries visa is not available for Tourist Visa, see below);
3. Two recent color photos (4x6cm size) with RED background;
4. Proof of return ticket, or ticket to continue travel to another country;
5. Recommendation letter from a sponsor in Indonesia;
6. Recommendation letter from a sponsor in Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR describing the duration and purpose of the visit as well as bearing responsibility for accommodation/living expenses in Indonesia;
7. Copy of Hong Kong ID Card or Macau ID Card. For non-residents/citizen of Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR, please apply in Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General/Consulate in your country of residence.
Three types of Visit Visa are as follows:
1. TOURIST VISA, issued for foreigners who are going to Indonesia for tourism purposes. Applicants must provide evidence of sufficient funds to maintain themselves during their stay in Indonesia (e.g. recent Bank Statements or Credit Card). Tourist Visa is available for single entry only. Please be advised visiting some regions in Indonesia, i.e. Poso dan Papua, may required certain arrangement and approval.
2. BUSINESS VISA, issued for foreigners who are going to Indonesia for normal business activities, including attending conference/seminar. You are also required to provide the invitation or statement letter from the host of the conference/seminar informing the details including nature, duration and program of the conference/seminar.
3. SOCIAL/CULTURAL VISIT, issued for foreigners who are going to Indonesia for a social/cultural visit, such as visiting relatives/friends; social organization; exchange visits between educational institutions; undertaking research and attending training program in Indonesia.
For family visit, please provide copy of Indonesian ID card of your sponsors in Indonesia. Valid Indonesian ID card for applying this kind of visa are KTP (Kartu Tanda Penduduk – Indonesian ID Card for citizens of Indonesia) and KITAS (Kartu Ijin Tinggal Sementara – Indonesian immigration's temporary stay permit card). Please be advised that foreigner who does not have KITAS could not sponsor a family visit
Please also note:
• Applicants who wish to enter the restricted regions (i.e. Poso and Papua) must obtain special authorization from relevant Indonesian authorities. You must inform the Consulate General should you have the intention to visit those regions. This rule also applies to those who previously worked in the regions and had immigration permission.
• For your convenience, it is advised for your sponsor in Indonesia to obtain the permission prior to you visa application. The Consulate General will not issue your Visa without official notification of approval from the Indonesian authority to enter such regions.
B. Limited Stay Visa
Limited Stay Visa are issued for Regular Passport holders, not for Diplomatic Passport holders. It is valid for maximum 1 year stay in Indonesia and must not exceed the validity period of the passport. Applications for Limited Stay Visa are subject to the approval from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta.
Limited Stay Visa is for one of the following purposes:
• Foreign investment
• Employment in a government / private sector
• Education, training or research
• Religious duties
• Joining husband and/or parent(s) who is a foreign national in possession of a Limited Stay Permit or who is an Indonesian citizen for wife of the said person and/or unmarried child(ren) who is/are under 18 years of age.
The requirements to apply Limited Stay Visa are as follows:
2. Valid passport for at least 18 months at the date of entry into Indonesia;
3. Two recent color photos (4x6cm size) with RED background;
4. Letter of intent from employer or sponsor, describing the purpose of the visit and guaranteeing all transportation and living expenses that will incur in Indonesia;
5. Applicant’s curriculum vitae;
6. Work agreement/contract;
7. Three copies of marriage certificate and birth certificate of accompanying family member (spouse/children);
8. For those conducting activities in religious, research, education, or social mission, must enclose the original and a copy of a letter of recommendation from the institution or specific department/division that has assigned them;
9. For those who wish to work in a foreign investment or domestic investment venture, or as a technical professional on assignment by a foreign aid organizations, must furnish a letter of recommendation from a technical department in Indonesia; the Indonesian Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration (TA 01); the Indonesian Investment Coordinating Board and a copy of the letter of agreement to employ a foreign labour.
• The Consulate General must have received authorization from the Director General of Immigration before issuing Limited Stay Visa. Therefore, please inform sponsors in Indonesia to contact the nearest immigration office and arrange request for such authorization. Without the approval The Consulate General will not issue Limited Stay Visa without approval from the Director General of Immigration.
• Limited Stay Visa is for single entry only. If applicants wish to exit and re-enter Indonesia multiple times then they should contact the nearest immigration office to apply for Limited Stay Permit Card (KITAS – Kartu Ijin Tinggal Sementara) and re-entry permit. It is more convenient to have applicants’ sponsor pre-arranged these documents prior to applicants journey to Indonesia.
• Please also be noted that special authorization is required to enter/stay in certain regions (i.e. Poso and Papua).
C. Transit Visa
This visa is given to persons continuing their journey to another country within a reasonable time provided they hold valid and confirmed tickets/documents to travel to their next destination. A transit visa is also required by persons joining or working on a transport vehicle that will continue its journey outside Indonesian territory.
This visa can be used for maximum 3 days OR 72 hours starting from the arrival date and time in Indonesia.
The requirements to apply Transit Visa are as follows:
2. Valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of entry to Indonesia;
5. Employment contract and/or recommendation letter from applicants’ company in Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR and its counterpart in Indonesia;
6. Proof of sufficient funds for living expenses during the entire stay in Indonesia (e.g. a recent Bank Statement, etc).
D. Journalist Visa or Film/Video/Photo Shooting Visa
The requirements to apply Journalist Visa are as follows:
2. Valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Indonesia;
5. Curriculum Vitae of Applicant;
6. Recommendation letter from the company describing the purpose for application is for film shooting ONLY;
7. Company profile;
8. A synopsis or proposal of the film or photo project with details such as timetable, locations and duration of stay (enclosed, for filming purposes only);
9. A signed statement of the list of equipment which will be re-exported to Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR.
Please be noted:
• The whole process, starts from your submission of visa application submission to visa issuance, takes approximately four to six weeks.
• Following the approvals from relevant authorities in Indonesia, the Consulate General will contact the applicants. Please have your passports ready for visa issuance by the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia.
• Upon the arrival in Indonesia journalists are required to report to
Directorate for Information and Media, Ministry of Foreign affairs,
Jalan Taman Pejambon No.6, Jakarta Pusat 10110
Telp: (+6221) 3813453, 3858033; Fax: (+6221) 3857316
• Please submit the 3 recent photographs (3x4 cm-size) to obtain temporary press card or the film permit when you report to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• It is advisable that applicants have local partner in Indonesia to do their project.
E. Visa on Arrival
The Indonesian Minister of Justice and Human Rights has issued and signed a new decree No. M-02.IZ.01.10/2007, (effective from 28 May 2007) regarding Visa on Arrival for several countries/regions. Passport holders from the following countries/regions can apply for a short visit visa upon their arrival at the designated Airports/Seaports in Indonesia for a maximum visit of 30 days:
11. Czech Republic
40. New Zealand
44. People’s Republic of China
50. Saudi Arabia
53. South Africa
54. South Korea
60. Timor Leste
63. United Arab Emirates
64. United Kingdom
65. United State of America
Please click here to see the designated Airports and Seaports where you can apply Visa on Arrival.
· Fee for visa on arrival is US$ 25 for a 30-day visit. Also note that payment is received in CASH only.
· This visa cannot be converted into another immigration permit status.
· To be eligible to obtain visa on arrival facility, each person must obtain passport with minimum 6 (six) months validity from the date of entry to Indonesia. Nevertheless, the decision of granting permission to enter Indonesian territory is at the discretion of Immigration officers at each Indonesian Port of Entry.
F. Free Visa for Short Visit
According to the Presidential Decree no, 103/2003, starting from 1 February 2004 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia provides Free Visa for Short Visit facility for purposes of tourism, exhibition, business, social-cultural, and government duty visit. This visa is valid for 30 days and available to citizens of:
1. Brunei Darussalam
3. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
4. Macao Special Administrative Region
8. The Philippines
• This visa cannot be extended and/or be converted into another immigration permit status. Nevertheless, in cases of natural disaster, accident or illness, it can be extended by approval from the Director General of Immigration.
• To be eligible to obtain Free Visa for Short Visit, each person must provide passport with minimum 6 months validity from the date of entry to Indonesia. Nevertheless, the decision of granting permission to enter Indonesian territory is at the discretion of Immigration officers at each Indonesian Port of Entry.
Visit Visa (Tourism, Social & Culture, Business)
Multiple Entries Visa (Business)
Please be advised that all payment must be completed at:
After the payment is completed, submit the receipt with other document to the Immigration Section, Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia for further process of your visa application.